Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rip Your Head off No-Cal Dandelion-Collard-rito

Yesterday afternoon I had a hankering for a non-caloric snack that was not a stalk of celery. I walked over to the Food Conspiracy Co-op on 4th and grabbed;

1 Bunch Collard Greens
1 Bunch Dandelion Greens
1 Bunch Green Onions
1 Bunch Cilantro
2 Tomatoes
2 Jalapenos
1 Lime

And improvised the posthumously named, "Rip Your Head off No-Cal Dandelion-Collard-rito"



I chopped everything up except for the Collards and mixed in a bowl with some salt. I laid out 3 Collard leaves and split the salad/filling between them. I then rolled them up like burritos.


The end result was as fiery hot as the burning lakes of hell. Most of the time jalapenos are innocuously hot and coolly grassy in the manner of a slightly piquant green bell pepper. These were searingly scalding with a touch of inferno. Next time I will taste my peppers first.

Some other things that might have made this more of a meal but also more nutritionally dense;

Beans
Grilled Chicken
Salad Dressing
Cheese
Skirt Steak, Marinated, Seared and Sliced against the Grain

No comments:

Post a Comment