Thursday, January 17, 2013

Serbian Stuffed Grilled Chicken Thighs


I just saw this on Steven Raichlen's Primal Grill on an episode dedicated to European grilling techniques. Mr. Raichlen used the side of a cleaver to flatten the thighs for stuffing. I use a big rubber mallet. I cooked it from memory so I left out the garlic salt.

Ingredients (as cooked, from memory, by me):


3 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
reserved bacon fat from the frying
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs pounded to about 1/4" thickness
yellow mustard
about 1/2 cup diced ham
about 1/2 cup diced cheddar
salt and pepper

Assembly


Prepare grill for grilling. Lay chicken thigh flat. Spread thigh with mustard and sprinkle with 1/4 of the bacon, ham and cheddar. fold thigh over (width-wise) and secure with a couple of toothpicks or, like me, broken off bamboo skewers. I don't soak the skewers in water as they burn whether or not I soak them. Brush chicken bundles with bacon fat and season with salt and pepper.

Bundles Waiting to be Grilled
 Grill chicken bundles over high heat until done, turning once. Mine took about 5 minutes a side.


Remove from grill and serve. Yum!


Shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment