Monday, June 13, 2011

Moroccan Cauliflower

I first saw this About.com recipe when the author, @moroccan_food, tweeted about it. I had to improvise. Although I do normally have my own preserved lemons in the fridge, I was out. As you'll see I substituted the zest and juice of a lemon plus some additional salt. Not perfect but workable.

Moroccan Cauliflower


1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 big pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
pepper to taste
1 onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
the zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 handful Kalamata olives
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro

Mix the cauliflower with the cumin, ginger, salt, paprika, turmeric and pepper and set aside.


Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes.


Add the cauliflower, lemon juice and zest, a bit more salt, the olives, and water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook ten minutes. Remove cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water has evaporated.

Sprinkle on the cilantro and serve.


Shrimp13

No comments:

Post a Comment