Monday, January 17, 2011

Grilled Vegetables

Whenever I grill, I try to take the time to hunt through the fridge for appropriate veggies to toss on before or after I cook the meat. These are great as a side with the meal or really great the next day on some crusty bread.


I prepared the following ingredients in the following manner;

yellow hots, whole
bell pepper, big slices
zucchini, 1/4" lengthwise slices
onions, thick slices so they stay together for the most part
tomatoes, big slices so they don't completely disintegrate

I toss them in a big bowl with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and some dried herbs. I grilled these for around 12 minutes turning 3 times after the meat had come off the grill (marinated flank steak, by the way).

Other appropriate veggies would be; any kind of capsicum, portabella (or other large) mushrooms, eggplant, any kind of summer squash.

Fall veggies like sweet potatoes, winter squash, potatoes and other corms/roots could be done sliced thinly as well but would require more time on the cooler side of the grill to finish cooking.

I remove the veggies from the grill and toss them in the bowl that had the residual olive oil and seasonings.


These are delicious hot or at room temperature.

Shrimp13

No comments:

Post a Comment