Monday, January 10, 2011

Pizza Night!

Previously on Shrimp13's blog I mentioned a technique for yeast dough that does not have to be kneaded and can be kept alive in the fridge for 10 days.

Here are some versions of "daddy bread" pizza that we tried on Friday night.( The name "daddy bread" was coined to let my 5 year old son, Finn, know when he is being offered special, home-made bread.)


First, the sauce;


I doctor jarred marinara sauce, the one with the least ingredients. First I mince up some garlic cloves and toss them in a cold pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil in it. I bring the garlic to heat over a medium flame so I can toss in a couple of ounces of red wine when they start to get aromatic but not yet burnt.

I add the jarred sauce and a few shakes of Italian seasoning (or basil, oregano, marjoram or thyme in various combinations and ratios) and then simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to meld. Then I take it off heat until ready to slather on the pizza shells.

Then, the toppings;


For this one I used cooked chicken (from taco night), kalamata olives, and feta cheese.


This one, devised by my wife, Yvonne, was topped with cooked chicken and leftover fried potatoes.


This one was of course, pepperoni, notable because the pepperoni was sold to me by Time Market. Time Market doesn't sell pepperoni but they use it on their pizzas and they were nice enough to sell me some in a deli container. Thanks guys!

Deli container of Time Market pepperoni

Special thanks to Carl Gulliver for getting the shots I couldn't!

Shrimp13

1 comment:

  1. The chicken and fried potato was super yummy. They all were, but I really enjoyed that one best - great idea Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete