Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Banana Ice Cream

This is a crazy authentic tasting ice cream that only has one ingredient, banana. It can be accomplished using bananas a bit past their prime which makes it a great alternative to banana bread every other week. I cannot remember where I originally found this recipe. I imagine it was invented separately by many people.

I have seen more elaborate recipes but they often necessitate an ice cream maker and it seems an awful lot like gilding the lily.

Banana Ice Cream

Somewhat melted as I was having a heck of a time
 getting a decent picture...which I did not.

Cut bananas into inch long slices and place on flat surfaces such as plates or trays.


Pop into the freezer for 1 1/2 hours or so.

Toss into a blender and puree until creamy.

It can be hard on the blender motor if
your's is cheap like mine.

You will need to press the bananas down into the whirring blade, the pressing is probably best done with the motor off as evidenced by this wooden spoon.


The result is uncannily ice cream and is delicious in any use necessitating ice cream. Like eating ice cream.

Shrimp13

No comments:

Post a Comment