Friday, April 22, 2011

Odds and Ends

Black Radishes

Still Life with Cucumber

In my experimenting with black radishes I also did a saute with parsnips and a sandwich of thinly sliced black radish and mayo on whole grain bread.

Radish and Mayo on Wheat

The sandwich was surprisingly creamy and satisfying.

The saute was less delightful as I have a heck of a time getting turnips (and therefore black radishes as they're similar) to ever get done in a saute.


They always end up with too much crunch (read, they're hard) when the rest of the stuff is cooked. This one was no different.

For the record, I combined peeled, chopped black radish, peeled and chopped parsnips, chopped onion and minced garlic and sauteed until everything was cooked except for the radish. I seasoned with salt and pepper and choked it down as punishment for my failure. I kid, it really wasn't that bad.

Next time I use black radishes it will definitely be part of a root bake.

Pasta Primavera


Also this week I threw together this pasta primavera with asparagus and yellow summer squash that was more to my liking.

While the pasta water was heating I tossed the veggies in garlic, olive oil and Italian herbs, spread on a baking sheet and roasted in a 400°F oven.


When the  pasta was cooked, I drained it and tossed in the veggies and topped with grated cheese. Yum.

Have a great weekend!

Shrimp13

No comments:

Post a Comment