Monday, April 4, 2011

A Simple Hamburger

I love hamburgers. I am ashamed to say that I can love the lowest of the low in hamburger classes but I can also say I don't end up feeling that well. 99¢ menu hamburgers are gut bombs. Sliders indeed.

I also love hamburgers embellished with all of the embellishments of our post-modern times; black pepper and blue cheese, green chilies and avocado, kimchi and Sriracha.

But the best hamburger, at least on occasion, to break the monotony of all that abundance, is a flattened disk of grass fed beef, not too lean, salted, cooked medium over mesquite and served on a bakery fresh bun that has been slathered with mayonnaise and sprinkled with freshly ground pepper.

Behold, The Simple Hamburger;


Heaven on a bun.

Shrimp13

No comments:

Post a Comment