Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kool-aid Pickles

This idea was new to me as I perused Alton Brown's fun travelogue Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run but evidently not to many others as I see it has been endlessly discussed, blogged about and pictured on the interwebs.

Be that as it may, Finn and I made a batch last night and I am fixing to discuss, blog about (enblog?) and picture them here and now.

This will necessarily be a two parter as they now must sit in the fridge for a week before consuming (snapping into with abandon?).

Kool-aid Pickles

Kool-aid Pickles

1 Gallon Kosher Dills
2 Packets Unsweetened Cherry Kool-aid
1 lb. Sugar

Combine the sugar and Kool-aid in a large bowl.


Strain in the juice from the pickles.


Stir until sugar is dissolved.


Return as much of the juice mixture back to the jar as possible and refrigerate for a week or more.


I will get back to you guys about the taste but I will tell you that the Kool-aid pickle juice was way more Kool-aid-y than pickle-y. I can imagine this being a great substitute for a frozen treat on a summer's day.

Shrimp13

No comments:

Post a Comment